!!! IMS bearing UPDATED !!! IMS Solution is installed.
Naturally aspirated 3.6 flat six that sounds INCREDIBLE with a sport exhaust. This car runs great, pulls hard, and gives unmatched tactile feedback to the driver. This car is stunning. I catch strangers taking pictures of it in parking lots and hear people talking about it as they walk into Starbucks.Selling my beautiful Arctic Silver Metallic C4S 6 speed (we just had our first child and I don’t see myself driving this enough to justify keeping it around). I’ve meticulously maintained this car and know it very well. This is by far the most desirable model in the 996 lineup.
Amazing car in great condition inside and out. I get compliments nearly every time I drive it. I have owned it for 4 years and have all maintenance records for that period. I only use DT40 full synthetic oil (changed every 5k miles) and genuine Porsche parts. Kept in a garage at all times. Loaded with options including full leather interior, alcantara headliner, HID auto leveling headlights, heated seats, power seats and memory, etc. Clean carfax, no accidents. Pilot super sport tires with good tread left.
The Carrera 4S features widebody design, wider rear tires, lowered sport suspension, larger red brembo brake calipers, iconic rear reflector panel, aero bumpers and rocker panels.
- IMS Bearing replaced with THE IMS Solution – the only permanent fix for the IMS bearing, never lose a wink of sleep! This is THE thing to do if you buy a 996. Do some research and you’ll find that it is considered a MUST. ($5k+ to have this done)
- Headlights recently professionally restored
- Replaced motor mountsNew spark plugs
- Replaced Clutch / pressure plate / flywheel / rear main sealAll CV boots on the front recently replaced
- New drivers seat cushion and heating element
- Output shaft sears on front differential + new fluid (Porsche brand) in transaxle and front diff
- Spark plugs and much more.
A few very minor known issues: slight oil seepage from between transmission and crank case (no drips just a film), very minor surface rust on door sill and next to sunroof, it’s barely noticeable (Porsche restoration shop confirmed it is superficial and can fix for $1750), “one touch” open does not work properly on the sunroof but the sunroof still opens/closes when you hold the button. Everything else works properly, car is mechanically solid and drives like a dream.
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on October 31, 2020.
Older listings are displayed for reference and probably will not be available.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States